Welcome to the war xxxIi !
Come once again to the beautiful coastlands and the epic war between the mighty Kingdoms of the West and AnTir. There will be battles, both heavy and rapier. There will be Arts and Sciences, rapier and archery, equestrian activities galore--and of course there will be fine merchants.
The site is still under construction, so come back soon for more information.
Lazy J Ranch, 96029 Euchre Creek Rd Gold Beach OR 97444.
North: Make your best way to Port Orford Oregon. Head south from Port Orford on Hwy 101 approx 16 miles. Last milepost seen is 316. You turn left on to Ophir road just before you would reach milepost 317. Then turn left onto Euchre Creek road. Follow road to site, approx 1 mile.
South: Make your best way to Gold Beach Oregon. Head north out of Gold Beach on Hwy 101 for approx 11 miles to milepost 317. Turn right on to Ophir road. Turn left onto Euchre Creek road. Follow road to site, approx 1 mile.
- Recycling & ash cans
Hotels & Motels
- Pacific Reef Resort
- Ireland's Rustic Lodges
- Gold Beach Inn
- Gold Beach Resort and Condominiums
- Azalea Lodge
- Motel 6 Gold Beach
- Jot's Resort
- Motel 101
Grocery & Supplies
- Nesika Beach Market, 4 miles south - small local market. (Supporting war with Ice & other things)
- McKay's Gold Beach, 12 miles south, open 24 hours
- Ray's Market Gold Beach, 13 miles south
- Ray's Market Port Orford, 14 miles north
- Fred Meyer Brookings, 40 miles south, full service with groceries, Starbuck's, fuel, sporting goods, pharmacy, hardware, etc.
- Dan's ACE, 29733 Ellensburg Ave, Gold Beach, OR 97444 (541.247.6822)
- Kerr's Ace Hardware. Full service, including lumber yard; 41 miles south, 711 Chetco Avenue, Brookings, OR 97415 (541.469.3139)
- Corner Drug, 29670 Ellensburg Ave, Gold Beach, OR 97444 (541) 247-4544
- Valurite Pharmacy, Next door to 24 hour McKay's Grocery Store
- Fred Meyer, 325 5th St, Brookings, OR 97415 (541) 469-1643
- Chetco Pharmacy & Gifts 890 Chetco Point Ter, Brookings, OR 97415 (541) 469-2616
- Rite Aid, 16261 Highway 101 S, Harbor, OR 97415 (541) 469-3121
- Curry General Hospital, 94220 4th St, Gold Beach, OR 97444, (541) 247-6621
- Sutter Coast Hospital, www.suttercoast.org, 800 E Washington Blvd, Brookings, OR 97415, (541) 469-9611
- Town and Country Veterinary Clinic, 15740 Highway 101 Brookings, OR 97415, 541-469-4661
history of the war
Tradition saying it was started over the correct texture of chocolate chip cookies (chewy or crunchy), this war has its earliest roots as the Shasta Punitive Raid in AS 11 (August ‘76) where "sides were chosen [&] An Tir emerged victorious, thus forcing the Kingdom to keep Shasta." The following year on the now-traditional weekend, the 2nd Annual Shasta Counter-Invasion was held, calling mercenaries to “HELP SUPPORT -- or oppose -- THE MANIFEST DESTINY OF AN TIR." Next year's was called the Golden Rivers and Lion's Gate War. Though Kingdom history records no such war in '79, it returned in '80 and again in ‘83 as the Lionsgate-Westermark War before again laying fallow for a year to return in its current form in 1985 as West-AnTir / AnTir-West War. Now, after drifting from battlefield to battlefield for decades, it found a home in Gold Beach in 2007 and remains there to this day.
-– compiled from the History of the Kingdom of the West website by Lady Sarre Greyhand